Here we go.

03 November 2008

Halloween: Me & ATM, we got all dressed up, but had no where to go! Well, that's not entirely true, we could've gone to Vino's for the Great Halloween Cover Up show, but we opted to stay home to watch scary movies & hand out candy to the childrens. About 30 kids stopped by & they were great! We had a ninja that wanted to show off his moves & another kid was a landshark. I dressed in my kickboxing outfit & ATM wore a graduate's robe & hat, which, yes, is pretty damn lame/tame for the both of us, BUT, the kids were into it & I'm satisfied with that. Regrets: 1. Should've rented some classic scary movies, the networks failed us in that regard. 2. We missed seeing Rett & Keiko's costumes!  At least we saw Collin, HAW:



Birthday!: I had a wonderful birthday, ya'll! I got some jeans and I got a new iPod. I also had a most excellent birthday party. It was beautifully decorated, thanks to KMHD:


I liked the papel picado being all breezy and colorful:


The theme was Dia de Los Muertos, loosely. There was lots of cerveza & we had a nacho bar which people really didn't get into until we started getting crunk -- KMHD said we were totally "4th-mealin it'" -- HA! I overindulged in the drink and paid dearly for it yesterday, but thankfully, I had an extra hour to sleep it off. This photo is not flattering in any way, but it best represents me @ my birthday party. KMHD & Collin say I look like I'm on a cruise ship:

I'd like to thank everyone who brought a donation for UNICEF & everyone who wished me well on my 'dirty thirty'. And I'd like to thank Geoff for teaching me the god-awful term 'dirty thirty', good grief.

Election Night: ZOMG! It's finally here! We're gonna go to Zach & Heather's home to watch and just be surrounded by friends and loved ones. No matter what happens, there will be tears! And cupcakes. Because I'm making some tonight for the big event. Judge Kilgore told us to be in our Sunday best for this historic occasion, but he is "letting" (because I would've worn them anyway) me wear my red Converse. I'm on a positive high as of right now. I feel that if I keep good company (you, Rachel Maddow, et al.), then I'll be able to maintain my positivity.

ASIDES: Rett pointed out to me that I must be "feelin'" turning 30, you should've heard my party playlist. Fugazi, Unwound, Dead Kennedys. To be fair, I need these bands more now than ever! Judge Kilgore showed at work with a THAT ONE '08 button. He also got us cool Barack To The Future bumperstickers. I've got a cool (and very strange) boss! I'm addicted to using my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Seriously, I feel like I seek out recipes that require it's use. I'm glad to be getting back into kickboxing. We had a good work out tonight. Jon Thompson will be in town on Saturday! Since he missed my party, he baking me a pie, I asked for a sweet potato one. I have great friends.

More bday party photos:










2 comments:

kmhd said...

Best Parties Ever.

AMD & KMHD said...

I'm glad you like them! I think I always have too much fun at these things.

Blog Archive